Saturday, April 4, 2009

Many Thanks

Five pounds of pure terror: Pepe Sanclemente

Bj, Carlos, Pepe, Daisy y Corita

Along the way on this road trip we've had the chance to reconnect with many friends and family. If they won't come to Sedona then we'll come to them, much to their chagrin. When they offer free food, wine and a real bed and bathroom, we are there. With the dog who we spring on them at the very last minute.

Our close friends Denise and Brian live in Naples as do my cousins Carlos and his wife Bj. Carlos is my mom's first cousin--his father and my grandmother Elena Sanclemente were siblings. So I guess that makes Carlos my first or second cousin once removed or however all that works.

It's been years since I've seen Carlos and Bj so Paul and I descended on their lovely lakefront condo for a short visit. They have added a tiny rescue chihuahua named "Pepe" to their household. In typical chihuahua fashion he scared the living daylights out of Daisy who's usually not easily intimidated. Anyway, Pepe's antics and Daisy's reactions were good for a few laughs.

Unbeknownst to us, Bj had prepared what was going to be dinner. I only noticed the fixins on our way out. We had plans to have a barbeque that night with Denise and Brian, and in fact, had all the groceries waiting in the truck so we couldn't stay longer. So a big, heartfelt thanks to Bj and Carlos for their thoughtfulness and hospitality. I only wish they'd come out west to Indian territory so we could return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, please. And nice. And complimentary.