Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dog Days of Early Summer

Our stable of blog-followers continues to expand! A big welcome to our newest, Christine, whose picture looks like Lola Montes (look her up--alternate spelling is "Montez").

I know you've all been waiting for a Daisy update so here goes. She's been at a southern Arizona bowser bootcamp for more than a week. After a couple of rough days at the beginning of her incarceration, it appears Daisy has adjusted. We spoke to her trainer on Wednesday. Before he launched into her progress report, he needed assurance that I hadn't jumped off our deck and that I was continuing to eat since I've been so forlorn in her absence. After I told him that, yes, I'm eating and looking on the bright side, he said that Daisy is not only thriving but has morphed into the leader of the pack (didn't we say that would happen? See earlier blog entry).

She and her little cellmates enjoy at least five hours of intensive "play" per day in the kennel's grassy yard. Her digs include not one but two large crates, outfitted with a few toys and her favorite pillow from home. Formal training begins on Monday and that's when we'll see if she makes the grade. Now I have another worry: what if she likes boarding school so much that she won't want to come home? That being stuck with the two of us is cramping her style? What then?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I will have to put a real picture of me up; no Lola there. Tell Paul his cousin Frank & Aunt Betty are driving X-country. You will enjoy the fact that Paul is not the only Sir Rantsalot in the family...
    http://frankhartzell.com/ in Las Vegas

    Christine

    Who's Daisy's trainer?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, please. And nice. And complimentary.